This smoothie is a great pick-me-up snack and breakfast option. It contains greens (always!), protein, good fats, fibre and a few nutrient boosters. A little info about this nutrient dense delicious beauty :
Protein is the building blocks for our body. It regulates energy level and hunger level.
Cacao (Theobram cocoa) is one of my favourite “superfoods”. It is rich in antioxidants, magnesium and iron. Not to mention that it gives a chocolatey taste – winning!
Coconuts contain medium-chain triglycerides, which provide fuel for the body. It also contains vitamins A, C and calcium.
Pysllium Husk originates from the plant Plantago ovate – it is a soluble fibres that supports gut health, immunity and general health. It aids regularity in bowel health.
Cacao Peanut Butter Dream SmoothiePrint This
- 1 serving vanilla protein powder*
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter*
- 1 tbs cacao powder
- 1 tbs psyllium husk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 handful spinach
- ½ frozen banana
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- ½ cup water (depending on preferred consistency)
- 1 tbs coconut chips (topping)
- 1 tbs cacao nibs (topping)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend till combined. (Ensure that you don’t place the powder first as it may stick to the side of the blender)
- Place some peanut butter on the back of a spoon to create a peanut butter swirl in the glass.
- Pour smoothie into the glass, add toppings and enjoy!
*Choose a high quality protein powder and peanut butter with no fillers. I used Nuzest Clean Lean Protein and Pic’s Peanut Butter.
Cals: 343; Fats 16.34g; Protein 29.07g; Carbs 15g
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Harvey C. Appendix C: Selected Whole Food Supplement Ingredients. In: The carbohydrate appropriate diet. Auckland: Katoa Health Publishing; 2016. p. 191-198-95